The Featured Branding section replaces your site’s default Branding Image with a post’s (or page’s) Featured Image. So when you are viewing an actual post or page, and if that post or page has a Featured Image set, the image will appear full width at the top of your site. This is great for helping set the “mood” or “theme” that your post or page is trying to get across. You now also have the option of uploading any custom image which will override your Featured Image.
If you don’t have a Featured Image (or custom override image) set, your site’s regular Header Image will be displayed as always. When viewing the Featured Branding Image, you can set it to display either your site’s name or a smaller custom logo. This way you can still maintain your site’s identity when the Featured Image is active.
With the Feature Branding section, you can customize the following settings:
- By Default your image will stretch full width across your Header
- You can set the width to less than 100% and adjust the horizontal position
- You can set the height that the image will be cropped to, and move the image’s vertical position
- Display your Site Name or upload a smaller custom logo so you can still maintain your site’s identity
- Add an overlay behind your Site name/Logo
- Add styling options to your overlay: Color, Transparency, Rounded Corners, Border, & Box-Shadow
Scroll through the different blog posts to see more examples.